E-mail: [email protected]
Location: 323 Main Street, Steinbach, MB
The Types of Subdivisions, either approved by Council or the Designated Officer, that do not require a public hearing, are listed below and in the Development Approval Policy.
Types of Subdivisions that require Council Approval
- Minor Subdivisions, as identified by the Province and not identified in this policy under the authority of the Designated Officer.
- Boundary Realignments/consolidations
- Subdivisions creating 1 additional lot in the Agriculture and Escarpment Areas
- Major Bareland Condominiums creating lots/Titles on a property as required by the Province.
Types of Subdivisions that require Designated Officer Approval
- Subdivisions creating additional lots/titles for attached dwelling units such as but not limited to splitting a Duplex Lot into two lots/titles
- Bareland Condominiums creating lots/titles for existing attached or detached dwelling units on a property
The Types of Subdivisions, approved by Council , that do require a public hearing, are listed below and in the Development Approval Policy.
- Subdivisions opening a public road, as per the Planning Act
- Subdivisions creating 1 or more additional lots in the Town Areas
- Subdivisions creating 1 or more additional lots in the Rural Living and Village Areas
- Subdivisions creating 2 or more additional lots in the Agriculture and Escarpment Areas
- Any other type of subdivision that requires a Public Hearing, as per the Planning Act
Public hearing notification requirements for subdivisions are as follows:
- Rural Areas = notification to all property owners within ½ mile radius of the subject property.
- Village Areas (Dufresne, Linden, Ste. Genevieve and Ross) = notification to all property owners within 300 meters radius of the subject property.
- LUDs of Lorette and Landmark = notification to all property owners within 100 meters radius of the subject property.
The Municipality charges fees to review subdivisions that in addition to any fees that the Province has for subdivisions. See the fees below:
Minor Development (Creating 1 - 5 Lots, including boundary realignments) = $300.00
Major Development (Creating more than 6 Lots) = $500.00
Note: Additional fees are required to mail public hearing notices (if the subdivision requires a public hearing), and/or if Variance Orders are required for the subdivision (to vary site areas and site widths)
Any subdivision creating 1 or more lots are required to pay a Dedication Fee for each lot. Boundary Realignment Subdivisions are not subject to Dedication Fees. The rates vary based on the type and location of subdivision. See the Dedication/Capital Levy Fee By-law below:
The Planning Committee is comprised of members of Council and the LUD Committees of Lorette and Landmark. The Planning Committee review applications for Subdivisions creating 10 or more additional lots. They will review the proposals prior to, or after, a formal application has been made.
Note: Every application will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and Administration may require an application not listed above to be reviewed by the Planning Committee to provide recommendation to Council.