The RM of Tache is happy to announce the Lorette Solid Waste Management Facility has been certified as a
Household Hazardous Waste Depot
Household hazardous waste disposal
Household hazardous waste is ANY product discarded from a home that contains volatile chemicals.
These types of products:
- can ignite and cause a fire
- are corrosive and can eat away materials and destroy living tissue when contact occurs
- can be explosive and/or reactive and can release poisonous fumes when exposed to air, water or other chemicals
- are toxic or poisonous, either immediately or over a long period of time
Where can I properly dispose of household hazardous waste products?
You can dispose of household hazardous waste at
- Lorette Solid Waste Management Facility ( 48028 Mun 25E )
* ALL products must be in their original containers. Containers without their original labels, that are leaking, or are improperly sealed are not accepted.
**Containers used to transport hazardous liquids will NOT be returned to you. (ex. gas cans)
Hazardous waste should NEVER:
- be placed out for recycling/garbage collection
- be dumped in sewers, drains or open bodies of water
- be buried in the ground
- be burned
- be disposed of in landfills
Improper disposal of leftover hazardous waste products can:
- cause harmful chemicals to enter the environment and contaminate our land and water.
- cause long-term health problems or seriously injure you, recycling/garbage collectors and landfill operators.
- damage the sewer in your home and the City's sewer system.
Examples of accepted household hazardous waste products:
- aerosol cans
- antifreeze (radiator fluid)
- automotive batteries
- barbeque and camping fuel
- compressed gas cylinders/propane tanks
- compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Florescent tubes
- max. 25L
- household cleaners and disinfectants (toilet, oven or drain)
- herbicides (weed killers)
- insect repellent
- pesticides/insecticides (rodent and insect killers)
- paintbrush cleaners/solvents
- empty paint cans
- interior or exterior latex and oil-based paints (oil-based/alkyd)
- Max. paint container 25L
- disposal of regular garbage items that need special handling
- swimming and hot tub cleaners
- varnish remover
- used oil products
For any questions regarding the program please call Lorette Solid Waste Management Facility at 204-878-2799