According to the Zoning By-law, a "Livestock operation", means a permanent or semi-permanent facility or non-grazing area where livestock producing at least 10 animal units of livestock are kept or raised, either indoors or outdoors, and includes feedlots and all associated manure collection facilities, but does not include an auction mart. A Small Scale Livestock Operation generates between 10 – 299 Animal Units and a Large Scale Livestock Operation generates 300 or more Animal Units.
When Livestock Operations contain between 10 - 299 Animal Units (AU) and are “P” Permitted in the “AG/AL” zones, a Major Development Permit is required.
When Livestock Operations contain 300 or more Animal Units (AU) and are “C” Conditional in the “AG/AL” zones, a Conditional Use is required. Please contact the department to determine what type of application is required and/or to start the application process.
All applications for a Livestock Operation with the Planning Department must be submitted to Cloudpermit.
To get started with Cloudpermit, you will need to create an account. You will require a valid email address to use the system.
- Go to the Cloudpermit site at https://ca.cloudpermit.com/login
- Click on “Create a New Account” found under the “Continue” arrow.
- Provide your email address.
- Cloudpermit will send an email to the address you have provided.
- Open the email and complete the registration process. The next time you visit the site, you'll login using your email and password.
- Login to Cloudpermit. It should say "My Dashboard" on the upper left-hand corner.
- In "My Dashboard" click the "Create a New Application" button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Province and Municipality from the drop down menus (Select "Manitoba" and "Rural Municipality of Taché")
- Click the "Planning Approval" box and then click the "Create Application" button.
- If the Livestock Operation is Permitted in the zone of the property (contains between 10 - 299 Animal Units), select "Development Permit" from the list of application categories. Then select "Major & Minor" to specify the type of Development Permit.
- If the Livestock Operation is Conditional in the zone of the property (contains 300 or more Animal Units), select "Conditional Use" from the list of application categories. Then select "Large Scale Livestock Operation" to specify the type of Conditional Use.
- At the bottom, you can select "Yes" or "no" to engage in a pre-consultation application and/or meeting with the Municipality. Then click "Next."
- Create a New Project and give it a name that relates to the project with the address. The project name can be changed at a later date. Then click "Next."
- Provide the Location where the work will be taking place. You can then type in your address, roll number or you can find your property on the map. All the fields with an asterisk must be completed. Then click "Next."
- At this point, you'll see a Summary. Check if the information is accurate. If you need to make changes, use the "Back" button. If everything is correct, click "Finish & Create."
Note: Cloudpermit sends email notification indicating the status of your application and what actions may be required of you. Make sure to click "Yes" toggle for Email notifications, located in the upper-left hand corner on the application page/workspace. In addition, you can send a message to our department regarding a specific application within the workspace for that application.
When an existing Large-Scale Livestock Operation (300 AU or more) proposes to expand, a Conditional Use is required. Please contact the department to determine what type of application is required and/or to start the application process.