Main content of the website

Development Permits

A Development Permit is a permit issued under the zoning by-law, authorizing development, and may include a building permit. Development Permits, issued by the Planning Department, are required for Permitted Principal and Accessory Land Uses. A "Permitted use", means the use of land, building or structure provided in this zoning by-law for which a development permit shall be issued upon an application having been made, if the use meets all the requirements of this by-law. Click on the tables below to see if a land use is permitted within a specific zone.

Table 4-4 Principal Use Table from the Zoning By-law

Table 3-5 Accessory Use Table from the Zoning By-law

Development Permits are required for Permitted Principal and Accessory Land Uses and Minor Development Permits may be applied for and issued for proposed development that does not require Municipal Department Circulation.

Development Permits are required for Permitted Principal and Accessory Land Uses and Major Development Permits may be applied for and issued for proposed development that does require Municipal Department Circulation. 

The R.M. of Taché Zoning By-law requires that no person shall undertake development that is subject to this by-law without first obtaining a development permit. Section 2.8.2 Development Permits in the By-law, outlines the exceptions where a Development Permit is not required. Click on Section 2.8.2 Development Permits below. 

Section 2.8.2 Development Permits

All applications for a Development Permit with the Planning Department must be submitted to Cloudpermit.  

To get started with Cloudpermit, you will need to create an account.  You will require a valid email address to use the system.

  1. Go to the Cloudpermit site at
  2. Click on “Create a New Account” found under the “Continue” arrow.
  3. Provide your email address.
  4. Cloudpermit will send an email to the address you have provided.
  5. Open the email and complete the registration process. The next time you visit the site, you'll login using your email and password.
  6. Login to Cloudpermit. It should say "My Dashboard" on the upper left-hand corner.
  7. In "My Dashboard" click the "Create a New Application" button in the upper right-hand corner. 
  8. Select Province and Municipality from the drop down menus (Select "Manitoba" and "Rural Municipality of Taché")
  9. Click the "Planning Approval" box and then click the "Create Application" button.
  10. Select "Development Permit" from the list of application categories. Then select either "Major & Minor" or "Multi unit residential" to specify the type of Development Permit. Note, all other Development Permits that are not for Multi unit residential development must be applied for under "Major & Minor."
  11. At the bottom, you can select "Yes" or "no" to engage in a pre-consultation application and/or meeting with the Municipality. Then click "Next."
  12. Create a New Project and give it a name that relates to the project with the address. The project name can be changed at a later date. Then click "Next."
  13. Provide the Location where the work will be taking place. You can then type in your address, roll number or you can find your property on the map. All the fields with an asterisk must be completed. Then click "Next."
  14. At this point, you'll see a Summary. Check if the information is accurate. If you need to make changes, use the "Back" button. If everything is correct, click "Finish & Create."

Note: Cloudpermit sends email notification indicating the status of your application and what actions may be required of you. Make sure to click "Yes" toggle for Email notifications, located in the upper-left hand corner on the application page/workspace. In addition, you can send a message to our department regarding a specific application within the workspace for that application.

Minor Development Permits = $100.00

Major Development Permits = $300.00 

1.) Cash (Pay at the R.M. Office)

2.) Cheque (Pay at, or mail to, the R.M. Office)

3.) Debit (Pay at the R.M. Office)

4.) E-Transfer (Send to and in the message field write "planning")