The RM of Tache and the LUD of Landmark are starting a drainage improvement project called LDS (Land Drainage System) along a portion of Second Street East and Centre Ave East. This system is being installed to not only improve the drainage in this area but to make yard maintenance easier as there will no longer be a ditch in these areas.
We are going to ask all residents in these affected areas to please refrain from parking on the streets during this project as this will slow the progress, as well please remind your children to watch from a safe distance (15 meters from the ditch) on your property.
Our staff will be installing all the safety signage along the streets as per RM of Tache standards to ensure safety is followed during this project as travel will be interrupted.
There will be large and small equipment on this project along with dump truck(s) hauling dirt and or gravel and other vehicles.
The RM of Tache will also try to notify the residents in the area ahead of time before removing their culverts to allow for vehicles to be moved off-site temporarily.
Location of work:
- Second Street East from Penner Drive/Sand Piper Trail going South to Centre Ave East on both sides of the street.
- Centre Ave East from Second Street East to PR 206 on the North side only during this phase.
- Week of May 10, 2021.
- The project may take up to 4 weeks depending on the weather.
Scope of Work:
- Properly excavate and install plastic piping in the ditch bottom to allow for water to drain without pooling in ditches and covering with dirt to prepare for a grass finish after settling is complete.
- Removing existing culverts in driveways to allow for a continuous uninterrupted water flow, and re-graveling the driveway excavation area.
- Providing entry points along the LDS to allow for property drainage.
- Final grade and grass seeding date to be determined.
Thanks for assisting us with making this project a success.
Public Works Department
RM of Tache